Last year I said there were 15 things I would like to see happen that would make for a great season. Seven of them happened, so not only did we not end up on Necker Island, I didn’t even have to buy the beer at the AGM. So here’s my 16 for the 2016 season:
In rank order of probability:
- DD gets the 1 run he needs for 4000 career runs
- Robbie gets the 3 wickets he needs for 300 career wickets
- Rikki gets the 5 wickets he needs for 100 career wickets
- Hatrick takes to the field again, and we give him a guard of honour when he does so
- Delbert scores the 124 runs he needs for 6000 career runs
- Alan gets a Michelle.
- Alex beats his career best of 70 runs and gets the 17 runs he needs for 2000 career runs
- I get the 320 runs I need for 5000 career runs
- We win more games than we lose
- We finish the season by beating Balcombe
- Zak gets his maiden ton
- The Brokeback is won by two people who aren’t Biff, Jerry or Delbert
- We beat Twineham. Please please please!
- At least one of the partnership records for each wicket goes
- Ibu or QB get their maiden 50s
- Me and Jerry run a five.
10 out of 16: Good season:I will buy all the beer for the 2016 AGM
12 out of 16: Great season: I’ll host the AGM as a private function at the Constant with free beer, food etc
16 out of 16 Best season ever: The AGM in the Caribbean with all the trimmings is back…