Easter Sunday and The Mighty Greys marked the start of the new season in the now traditional way with Biff standing by a white picket fence handing out pairs of pristine white sports socks to congregated Greysmen.
As ever Dave Day was the only Greysman who knew how to behave in this situation, immediately tearing his soul apart then wrapping his new sock over his shoe.
Progress in the match itself was posted live, and you can find a ball-by-ball account here:
For those who can’t be bothered to do even that, the highlights were:
- R/B and Biff put on 76 for the first wicket, with R/B making 75, including some sumptuous sixes
- Dave Day made 36 before featuring in a bizarre run out
- Budding star Ernie Tuppen hit a glorious boundary stratight back past the bowler and was robbed of PSM by someone half a century older than him.
- Dom smashed 51 off 35 balls giving him a strike rate of 145.71
- The Greys’ total of 209 off 40 overs ought to have been enough to win
- In reply, Horley’s openers swung at everything and hit more often than they missed
- They put on about 100 in the first ten overs before both eventually retired out,
- After that the Greys eventually started to take wickets, and the run rate slowed markedly
- Dave Day got a couple, including a caught and bowled and the great Ernie Tuppen bowled fast and accurate inswingers. He has an exciting cricketing career ahead of him
- Horley eventually reached the target with a few overs to spare.
- The Shadow won PSM with a wicket from his first delivery. A full account can be found here…
Amazing- quality meme usage ! Never seen Chiefy so angry
“Are we the baddies?” – Mitchell and Webb
A great start to the season’s reports Tel! Loved it!
I could have sworn I played in this game.
Made me laugh and I even got a mention without playing …….Happy days.
I have now embedded the video into the page – didn’t realise it was a bespoke video – nice one shadow!
“Technically superb, hilarious, and improving with every viewing” – Flat-Capster Napster.